Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand tools such as sledge hammers, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May install core matting, wooden stakes, filter fabric, safety fences or silt fences. May also spread seed, straw or assist other team members setup bypass pumps.
Willing to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time
Must have transportation to and from shop
Education and Experience:
No formal educational credential required
Short-term on-the-job training
Active Learning: Understanding the implication for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Requires bending or twisting
- Requires walking and running
- Requires kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling
- Requires repetitive movement
- Requires standing
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Requires lifting more than 50 pounds at any given time
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Working in muddy ground conditions
Impact of Decisions:
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the company
- Requires exposure to hazardous conditions
- Load, unload, or identify materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
- Working around heavy equipment
- Signal equipment operators to indicate proper equipment positioning
- Clean equipment of facilities
- Assist skilled construction laborers or others
- Clean work sites
- Load or unload materials used in construction or extraction
- Move construction or extraction materials to locations where they are needed